Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's Halloween Time!

Oh my gosh, Halloween was sooo much fun. It’s been a really long time since I’ve had such a blast. Once I finally got into West Hollywood and found parking, the streets were already filling up. My dad told me the party was on the cover of the LA Times today, and they estimated at least 300,000 people. I meandered around a little, taking in the sights, and then went to a restaurant where a friend of mine was tending bar. The owner of that place loves me, so I got free food and drinks, which was awesome. I chatted up the patrons of the bar in an effort to scare up bigger tips for my buddy, and met a really interesting middle-age couple from Santa Monica. They were very granola and fun to talk to. When I left there I walked almost the full length of the party zone on Santa Monica Blvd. For most of the way I was totally hemmed in by people. And everybody was there! Freaks, hotties, voyeurs, cross-dressers, gym-bunnies, flamers, twinks, bears, normal people and sugar-daddies...the whole crew was out in force! It was some of the best people watching I’d ever done.I had my eye on an adorable guy dressed as Bacchus or Pan or something mythological. He wasn’t wearing much, so it was hard to tell who he was supposed to be. I’m not sure why I didn’t have the courage to talk to him…probably because he was way too cute and I was intimidated. But once I was past him I really regretted not stopping to flirt. Bah!I continued up the street and then remembered I was near a house party I’d been invited to. I found the place and went upstairs and it was filled with a bunch of 20-something guys who obviously care about the way they look. So many muscles in such a small space! The theme of the party was “skank”, and most people came in an appropriate costume. Unfortunately I never got a costume together; I was so sure I’d end up missing the evening that I didn’t want to get all excited about my costume and then not wear it. That would have made me doubly depressed. So, as it turns out, I just wore jeans and a party shirt. I drank a bit at the party to loosen up the social skills, and then met all the guests. They were tons of fun. It’s funny how quickly you can jump to conclusions. I just assumed that hot gay men with amazing bodies who would be willing to wear skanky outfits would be models, flight attendants, bar tenders, assistants...you know, people who have the time and a reason to work out that much. But most of these guys were bankers, graduate students, businessmen....crazy! Halloween definitely brings out a different side of people!Eventually I left the party and went back onto the street to see the people. I’m pretty sure I saw a fellow blogger dressed as a Mormon missionary, but he was too far away to say anything. I was texting back and forth with an old friend, trying to meet up. But then, about two hours after seeing him the first time, out of 300,000 people, I ran into that guy I’d regretted not talking to. He was slipping between two people and headed past me when I grabbed him and said “You know, I saw you earlier and thought to myself that you look the hottest in your costume of anybody here, and I just wanted to tell you that.” He was genuinely pleased, smiled, and said, “Really? Thank you!” and paused, studying my face for a few seconds. Then he grabbed the sides of my head, pulled me in and started making out with me. We were going at it for a while, and I was enjoying it immensely, but then I realized what a spectacle we were making. I saw a circle of voyeurs forming around us and bunch of cameras flashing. I couldn’t bring myself to pull away for a while, but then I decided I didn’t want to end up on the cover of a local newspaper, so I reluctantly broke it off. He took my hand and trailed me along for a while, making sure my hand grazed his mostly exposed butt plenty of times. He kept asking where I lived...a question with obvious implications. But I wasn’t going to do that. Eventually I got bored walking around, took his number, and went off on my own. After running into some friends and talking for a while, I decided it was time to head back to my car. I was walking slowly down the sidewalk and noticed a boy with a beautiful face that could only be described as angelic. But he had a little bit of a faux-hawk. Naughty and nice, good and evil...hot. I locked eyes with him and didn’t look away. I was just about to pass him, eyes still locked, when he reached out with his right hand and stopped me. We talked for a while, I fell in love, and we exchanged information. And then it was time for bed.

No comments: